S Owen & Sons was established in the early 1900s by Samuel Owen and his son George Owen. George initially started selling coal door to door in open sacks with his horse and cart. In 1930, George purchased his first motorised lorry which allowed him to deliver bulk coal to other coal merchants. George's three sons - Graham, Martin and John joined the business as partners. In 1991, they started selling home heating oil and gas oil to farmers and industrial commercial sites. The business is still run by the three brothers today with the help of their sons too.
We now run a fleet of eleven trucks - two coal delivery trucks, five fuel tankers and four bulk tippers. We also have a friendly and caring team to provide professional services to the local community.